keskiviikko 27. kesäkuuta 2012

Miksi kirjoittaa?


Kirjailijoilla on omat syynsä kirjoittaa.


Joku kirjoittaa säilyttääkseen mielenrauhansa.

If I don’t write to empty my mind, I go mad. (Lord Byron)



W. Somerset Maugham kirjoitti saadakseen lohtua.

Writing is the supreme solace. 


Joillakin kirjailijoilla on älyllinen peruste.

 I write to find out how much I know. The act of writing for me is a concentrated form of thought. (Don de Lillo)


Stephen King haluaa tuottaa lukijoilleen iloa.

All writing is about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enriching your own life, as well. 


Jotkut kirjailijat rakastavat sanoja.

I loved words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them. (Anne Rice)

To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it’s about, but the inner music that words make. (Truman Capote)


Hemingway taas pyrki yksinkertaisuuteen.

My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.


Joku haluaa pitää hauskaa.

Writing is the most fun you can have by yourself. (Terry Pratchett)


Mickey Spillane taas uskoi, että kirjailija on parhaimmillaan vanhempana.

If you’re a singer you lose your voice. A baseball player loses his arm. A writer gets more knowledge, and if he’s good, the older he gets, the better he writes.


Jollain on sanansa sanottavana.

You don’t write because you want to say something; you write because you’ve got something to say. (F. Scott Fitzgerald)


Judy Blumella on sisäinen pakko.

Those of us who write do it because there are stories inside us burning to get out. Writing is essential to our well-being.


Joku ei osaa muutakaan.

Writing is a dog’s life, but the only life worth living. (Gustave Flaubert)


Lukijalle sanat, lauseet ja tarinat ovat syitä tärkeämpiä. Mitä tekisimmekään ilman niitä? 

Lainausten lähteenä Flavorwire.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti